Happy Saint Patrick’s Day from everyone at Rural Health Initiative!
You don’t need an excuse to have a shamrock shake when it’s officially Saint Patrick’s Day. And since we’re committed to health, here’s a healthier version of the classic McDonald’s favorite. Enjoy!
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream or 2 cups soy ice cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups 2% low-fat milk or 1 1⁄4 cups soymilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mint extract
- 8 drops green food coloring
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Stop blender to stir with a spoon if necessary to help blend ice cream.
- Pour into 12-ounce cups and serve each with a straw.