The Rural Health Initiative’s 12th Annual Wine & Cheese Tasting fundraiser on Friday, February 12, 2016 at the Main Event in Cecil provides an evening full of fun, featuring a tasty variety of wine, cheese, light snacks, and activities. There’s something for everyone.
The Shawano Area Dairy Promotions selects a featured item to prepare and serve for attendees.
This year, the featured item…..
Three tasty options to pick from:
Best Chicken Quesadilla
by Chow Food Team
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 (10”) flour tortillas
- 1 ½ cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 Tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Salsa (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Combine the cheeses in medium bowl.
- Heat large frying pan/griddle over medium heat, place tortilla in pan and sprinkle with ½ of the chicken, ½ cilantro, ½ of the cheese mix. Top with a 2nd tortilla and cook until the underside of the bottom tortilla is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using spatula, carefully flip and cook the underside until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes more.
- Slide the quesadilla onto a cutting board and cut into wedges. Serve topped with salsa and sour cream if desired.
Makes 2 (10 inch) quesadillas
Ingredient List for Cilantro – Yogurt Dip
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
Stir together yogurt, cilantro and cumin in small bowl; set aside.
Ingredient List for Quesadillas
- 1 (10 ounce) package 6 inch soft corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Lay 6 tortillas on work surface. Divide the cheese, corn, beans, cilantro, and peppers among the tortillas. Cover each with a second tortilla.
- Spray griddle with non – stick cooking spray. Cook over medium heat, 2-3 minutes each side.
- Cut quesadilla into wedges, serve with a dollop of the cilantro-yogurt dip.
by Taste of Home
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- ¼ cup Ricotta cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6inch)
- ¼ sour cream
- Place the 1st six ingredients in large non-stick skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Remove from pan, stir in cheese.
- Place 3 tortillas on griddle, top with 1/3 mixture and top with 3 remaining tortillas. Cook over medium heat, 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cut into wedges, serve with sour cream.
Makes 3 (6 inch) quesadillas.