KITCHEN WELLNESS is what we do best.
We serve anyone, within our service area, who contributes to agriculture.
We Come to You to serve your family and/or employees (must be 18 years of age and older).
Our most common participants include:
- Family farms
- Large dairy farms with Latino/Hispanic workers
- Veterinary Clinic
We Accomodate Your Schedule. You can schedule a house call (visit) when it fits best into your schedule – whether it’s before or after morning chores, or perhaps in the afternoon on a rainy day when you can’t be in the fields. We also utilize language interpreters, as needed, to allow us to communicate with individuals who may speak another language other than English.
- Interested in Scheduling a House Call (visit)?
Drop us a message from the Contact Us section, or call our corporate office 715-524-1488. We’ll connect you to the Outreach Health Coordinator serving your area.
Professionally Trained & Caring Healthcare Staff.
Our Outreach Health Coordinators (OHC) are healthcare professionals, trained and competent in their clinical skills. In addition, each staff member is extremely knowledgeable about life on the farm, including both the rewards associated with the profession, as well as the barriers of achieving and maintaining optimal health and wellness. Our team understands you!
Preventive Health Screening with IMMEDIATE Test Results.
- Quick and Painless Finger Poke. That’s all it takes for the Outreach Health Coordinator to the draw adequate amount of blood (1-2 small mini-tubes of blood), which is then placed in a cassette and analyzed by our certified, portable medical equipment. It’s that quick and easy – and our trained healthcare staff explain each step.
- Know Your Numbers (form). You’ll receive a 1-page, easy-to-read form, which will list all your personal numbers, including:
- blood glucose (blood sugar)
- total cholesterol
- LDL (the “bad” cholesterol)
- HDL (the “good” cholesterol)
- body mass index (BMI)
- body fat percentage (%)
Additional services available (as needed) include: A1C and seasonal flu vaccinations (shots).
- Health Risk Assessment (HRA): Prior to your visit, the Outreach Health Coordinator will mail you this quick, 30 health & wellness questionnaire. Fill it out and give to the Outreach Health Coordinator when he or she arrives at your visit. We encourage you to answer the questions honestly – it helps the Outreach Health Coordinator better understand your current lifestyle habits and create follow-up materials for you.
- Personalized Follow-Up Packet: This unique-to-you packet of information is provided to you 2-3 weeks after your initial visit. It provides a breakdown of your lifestyle number (based on your Health Risk Assessment questionnaire responses) and biometric numbers (based on the results of your Know Your Numbers form), in addition to helpful tips and resources for you to improve or maintain your health.
All screenings are 100% confidential.
RHI staff consist of trained healthcare professionals who comply with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) guidelines to keep your medical information safe and secure.
Health Coaching, including:
- Provide you relevant health and wellness information on a a variety of topics related to your needs and interests.
- Assistance with goal-setting to achieve an optimal lifestyle
- Share education materials related to healthy lifestyle, including preventing heart disease, stroke, cancer, healthy meal planning, child development, smoking cessation, and more.
Referral Information from local organizations who can help you achieve your goals.
Our staff is very connected with various local organizations that can help you with whatever you need or want more information about. Some real-life examples of referral information materials our staff has provided to participants:
- Healthcare System Information
- Finding a Physician (Doctor) who is accepting new patients
- Finding a Specialty Physician (Doctor) who is covered “in-network”
- Social Services
- Counseling Services
- Networking services
- Programs to support agricultural needs
- Financial Planning Assistance
Follow-Up Visit(s), as needed, from your OHC to provide additional information/materials, deliver your personalized follow-up packet, or re-check a particular health value (for example, blood pressure or glucose).