5K Run/Walk Details (per the official registration website)
The second annual Dairy Dash and Stroll 5K Run/Walk will be held in conjuction with the Shawano County Brunch on the Farm held this year at the farm of Al and Vicky Beran (N9498 Field St) in Birnamwood, WI.
The Shawano County Brunch on the Farm, hosted by the Shawano County Farm Bureau, is a much-loved event encouraging people to spend a day on the farm. This event draws over 2,500 people each year and is full of family-fun events where people get to learn about the local dairy industry. These events include:
- tractor-ride tours
- wagon rides
- petting zoos
- children’s games with prizes
- pedal tractor pulls with trophies
- barrel train rides
- Addie the cow
- and bouncy house.
Also enjoy a hearty breakfast of eggs, sausage, cheese, pickles, milk, ice cream, cinnamon bread, and much more! We encourage everyone to come and interact with our local farmers to learn more about agriculture and how our food goes from the farm to your plate.
This 5K course will be held on the farm, so it will consist of a dirt/off-road course accompanied by a series of hills and fluctuating terrain. As this is a dirt course, be prepared for some interesting and fun challenges if we get precipitation prior to or during the event! (Side note – this course may not be the most conducive for strollers or small children.)
We encourage people of all ages to join us in this fun and unique event! Participants will enjoy some scenic views of the dairy farm including barns, dairy cows, wooded areas, crop fields, and other events at the Brunch on the Farm.
After the run/walk enjoy your hard work with some healthy chocolate milk and a free ticket for a hearty farm breakfast! After the race, make sure to take some time to enjoy the many other events that Shawano County Brunch on the Farm has to offer.
All race event proceeds will be donated to the organizations Feeding America & the Shawano Area Food Pantry and Resource Center. Come & support a great cause that works hard to provide sustainable food to those in our local communities. To learn more about these organizations, please check out the following links:
Be sure to check out our Shawano County Farm Bureau facebook page to stay updated on the latest information involving the 5K Run/Walk as well as many other events involving the Brunch on the Farm. We hope to see you there! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shawano-County-Farm-Bureau/179695985374553
Event Details and Schedule
- Event Address: Al and Vicky Beran N9498 Field St Birnamwood, WI 54414
- Registration Opens: 6:30 am (on the farm) Sun. June 28, 2015
- Race Start Time: 7:30 am Sun. June 28, 2015
- Pre-Race Packet Pick-up: 9:00 am-Noon Sat. June 27, 2015 at the farm
- Packet will include: T-shirt, bib number, refreshments after the race, & ticket for one free brunch on the day of the event
- Course Info: Dirt road/trail/off-road. Challenging hills, fluctuating terrain. Possible muddy track with precipitation. (Strollers not recommended.)
- Registration Fees: Individual- $20 (pre-register) or $25 (same day registration) Group (4+)- $18/person (pre-register) or $20/person (same day registration)
- No pets allowed (due to farm biosecurity)
- Please allow plenty of time to arrive to pick up your race packet.
- Parking info: Follow signs and parking volunteers
- Waivers & ID: all participants must have signed the waiver before competing
- What to Bring: comfortable running attire and shoes. Prepare for possible muddy terrain and precipitation.
- Water stations will be provided at miles 1 and 2 of the event.
- Prizes: Awards will be presented to the first male and female runners in each age division: 10 yrs and under, 11-17 yrs, 18-30 yrs, 31-50 yrs, 51+ yrs. Awards will be handed out right after the race.
- Event will be cancelled if lightning is present or severe weather conditions. Event fees will not be reimbursed due to a cancellation of the event or if the registrant cannot participate at the event.